Hi John Fournelle ([log in to unmask])

is having the following question. Maybe someone here can help him? Thanks!

I have in my cabinet a vial of a Mathey “Spectrographically Standardized Substance” (10 grams)
Mathey “SPECPURE” (regd) Silicon Dioxide.
Catalogue No. J.M. 425
Lab 4930 (handwritten number)

I assume this was acquired by my predecessor Everett Glover back in the 1970s.

Would anyone out there in probe land happen to recognize the material and have a sheet on its composition?

Thanks.

--
Dr. Anette von der Handt

Department of Earth Sciences
University of Minnesota
310 Pillsbury Drive SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

Office phone: (612) 624-7370
Office fax: (612) 625-3819
Lab phone: (612) 624-3539
**** JEOL Probe Users Listserver

Moderator: Anette von der Handt, [log in to unmask], Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota