Our next Web People meeting is coming up on Friday, October 17th.

Join us as Diane Rackowski from the CLA Language Center presents on using
Google Apps Script to enhance Google Forms.

Google Forms makes it easy for anyone to create a form and collect data on
a Google spreadsheet. Learn how to make Google forms more interactive by
sending custom email messages to users when they submit a form, or when
updates are made to a Google spreadsheet. This can be a great solution if
you need a quick way to return information or interact with users and don't
have the time to set up a database or worry about authentication and
validating forms -- let Google do this for you.

Learn the secrets of:  Accessing the Google Apps Script interface, creating
a form using Google Apps Script, creating scripts and attaching them to
Google sheets, setting up triggers from your scripts, accessing form
sheets.

We'll look at a few applications in use at the CLA Language Center and see
how they were made.

We'll provide pizza this month, so please RSVP at the link below by noon on
Wednesday the 15th so we have a good head count.

Location: 325 Education Sciences, 56 East River Road, University of
Minnesota East Bank.
Time: As always, food and networking from about 11:30 to noon, then we'll
start the presentation.

Please RSVP at:
http://www.saa.umn.edu/webpeople/register

Your coordinators,
Gabe Ormsby, Tony Thomas, and Wendy Volkman

PS: Want to just know the dates, times, places, and subjects of Web People
meetings?  Add the feed to your Google Calendar!
http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/umn.edu_sfol0mrk032pitn2imae3f5jls%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic

--
Gabe Ormsby
Web Application Developer