Hello Probeusers!

the stage mapping on my JEOL JXA-8900R just started to show the most
peculiar behavior. No matter the mapping conditions, it acquires only a
single line and uses the stage backlash once a second. The amount of the
backlash seems to correlate with the individual set width of the map. The
resulting map shows the correct amount of pixels but obviously is not the
way I want to acquire maps.

I tried various settings, made sure that backlash values are set correct,
rebooted whatnot.

Potentially important information: We just had to disable the linear
encoder for the stage (anyone has a spare linear encoder board?) on my
machine (although that should only affect X and Y) and I am not sure if it
is related to this. It is not the first time that I acquired maps since the
loss of the linear encoder though and it was ok before.

Has anyone ever seen this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Anette

--
Dr. Anette von der Handt