Hi Eric,

My condolences on the passing of your coater. We recently purchased a Leica ACE600 e-beam coater, which we are quite happy with. It produces consistent, uniform, high density coatings. Ours runs an automated plasma pre-etch, and it’s programmable so that everybody gets the same coating. The rotating planetary stage can hold up to 6 samples, although we had to add spacers to accommodate more than 3 geologic-thin-section-sized samples at a time.

Cheers,

Jason

From: Wayne D. Niemeyer
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 10:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PROBEUSERS] Carbon Coater

Eric,

Here is a link to a large coater that will handle your samples:  http://www.laddresearch.com/vacuum-equipment/the-ladd-vacuum-evaporator

Wayne

Wayne D. Niemeyer | Senior Research Scientist

Title: McCrone Associates, Inc. - Description: McCrone Associates, Inc.
McCrone Associates, Inc.  850 Pasquinelli Drive  Westmont, IL 60559

P. 630.887.7100 ext.2420 | F. 630.887.7417 | www.mccrone.com

ISO/IEC 17025:2005 A2LA Accredited, Certificate #3631.01 FDA/GDUFA/DEA Registered

This email and any files attached may contain information that is legally privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited without our permission.