To clarify my son Jesse's earlier post; I got to Canal Park about 4:00 PM
and talked to several birders there who had not seen the Ivory Gull. There
were 50 or so gulls around. At somewhere past 4:20 but before 4:25 the
Ivory came flying from the harbor, up the ship canal, flew over the visitor
center and down the point on the lake side toward town. At some point it
reversed direction, flew back toward the ship canal, turned back over the
point and went behind a limestone building on the harbor side of the point.
The dark on the face was clear, the tail and wingtips were difficult to
discern, but by size, flight, facial markings and overall pure white
appearance it was clearly the Ivory who was clearly still in the Canal Park
area. it was 4:35 when I looked at my watch after the Ivory had
disappeared. I looked in the harbor briefly but did not see the gull. At
the point that it flew over there were only a handful of other gulls left
in the area.  John Ellis-St. Paul