Hi
I went to west Mississippi River park and immediately saw the Townsends’ Solitaire there again.  The road was closed down to the boat launch but I parked and walked around it since there was no sign saying that you couldn’t go there on foot. After getting a good look at the Solitaire I walked down to the Mississippi River and saw maybe two hundred goldeneye and  half a dozen common mergansers .Walking back towards my car I saw two downy woodpeckers and a flock of 50 or so cedar waxwings who settled in a tree.  Here is a link to  a couple of photos.   https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/
 Happy New Year everyone!
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids