There are currently two Gryfalcons near the Peavey Elevator complex on Connors Point in Superior, Wisconsin. One is a juvenile female gray/dark morph that has been seen most often in the morning. The other is an adult gray morph that is almost certainly the returning male from last winter -- which, at that time, set an all time record for longevity in the wild! So, this is very exciting and there is a good chance that one or both of them will be found in Duluth. Both birds can be seen from the public road that runs the length of Connors Point. This road is heavily used by trucks and workers especially during the week. There is a short turnoff just NW of the Peavey complex that leads to a closed gate. There is room for 3-4 vehicles to safely park off the road.

Almost *every time* that I look for these falcons, I see birders/photographers trespassing. There is no excuse for this behavior. The entire area is clearly posted NO TRESPASSING. Yesterday, I saw a black SUV with Minnesota plates drive past the unmanned security gate at Peavey. There are trespassers there today too. This behavior is in direct violation of the ABA, MOU, and WSO birding ethics. This behavior reflects badly on all birders and all photographers. It's my understanding that one person got permission to enter the Peavey complex a week ago to get photos. This does not mean that anyone else can or should trespass. PLEASE respect private property and do not trespass at this facility. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS BEHAVIOR.

--
Peder H. Svingen
Duluth, MN