Today with Gary Swanson’s  Tuesday hiking group we went to Palmer Lake park.  The first thing we saw there was a Northern Goshawk.  It flew past us  off of 73 rd st and then headed south to the south east corner of the park where it landed in a tree.  I tried to get some photos and did get some distant shots of it, though I’m not posting them. Gary id’d it positively as a Northern Goshawk.  We also saw at least three bald eagles, two red tailed hawks, northern cardinals, gold finches and house sparrows and a muskrat.  Here are a few photos from the day
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronsthoughts/with/25126593061/
Ron Taube
Coon Rapids