Hi all - I'm sending this to both lists so I can get everyone's wisdom.

I was explaining to a class about setting up gas detectors and the
difference between differential and integral modes.  The question came up
as to why one would ever operate in intergral mode.  I didn't have a good
answer (obviously setting up really tight parameters in differential mode
can cause problems) - why not use differential mode with wide windows
instead of integral mode?

Is this a holdover from earlier electronics?

Ken in Alaska

****