I birded Simon’s Ravine (South St. Paul, Dakota County) with friends this morning, where a Tufted Titmouse sang loudly and persistently.  We first heard it, then saw it, at 9:00 a.m., approximately 300 meters up the ravine from 19th Ave N.  On our way back down the ravine, it was singing near 19th Ave N and Conver Ave.  It’s probably best to park at the Simon’s Ravine Trailhead, on Concord Street, just south of Butler Ave (immediately south of the bike & pedestrian overpass), then walk up the ravine on the paved trail, which goes underneath 19th Ave N.  This is the general area where a Tufted Titmouse was found on the most recent St. Paul Christmas Bird Count.

Julian

St. Paul