(Posted by Alex Lewanski <[log in to unmask]> via moumn.org)

Today (5/19) from 11:35-2:15, I watched a large, species rich group of
shorebirds from the west end access of Lake Byllesby Regional Park in Dakota
County. Highlights indclude:

-1 red-necked phalarope
-1 ruddy turnstone
-1 hudsonian godwit
-1 stilt sandpiper
-4 Willet
-1 sanderling

There were hundreds of other shorebirds present including wilson's phalarope,
dunlin, short-billed dowitcher, semipalmated plover, pectoral sandpiper, white-
rumped sandpiper, killdeer, lesser and greater yellowlegs, semipalmated
sandpiper, and least sandpiper.

A full list of birds seen can be found on my ebird checklist linked below.

-Alex Lewanski