Hey birders,

Sorry for the late post.  Our Big Day yesterday wiped me out.

The Cattle Egret continues at the small cattle yard on CR13 south of CR5. He was looking very lonely in the rain without his cows on Saturday.

A Plegadis ibis was seen briefly at the Nicollet Conservation Club off of Hwy 14 on the south side of Swan Lake.  The bird took off, flew over our heads and circled out of sight to the west.  It did not have any apparent face markings and we suspect an immature.  As we refocused on looking for other birds he circled in and landed again but stayed only briefly before taking off and circling to the east this time.  We could not relocate the bird.

Finally, an Inca Dove was flushed from the road along 531st Avenue north of Courtland.  It landed in a field and when approached to confirm identification, it flushed once more, landing in the trees by the first homestead just south of the Courtland WMA.  It could not be relocated for other members of the party to observe and a revisit a little later was ineffective as well.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins

Mankato