Listserv for the International Society for the History, Philosophy,and
Social Studies of Biology

(see the end of this message for directions on how to subscribe and
unsubscribe from this listserv)

This listserv sends out brief descriptions only. For further details,
follow the link provided.

Please send me items at [log in to unmask] to post to the list that
would be of interest to Society members: position announcements,
postdoctoral announcements, grant and funding opportunities,
conference announcements, calls for papers, and brief queries on
research topics. The sooner you send me something, the more likely
that I will be able to have it posted before its deadline. **Please
include a link to details, as we only send out a digest of brief
descriptions.**

Thanks!

Trevor Pearce
Listserv Moderator, International Society for History, Philosophy, and
Social Studies of Biology

Call for Commentaries: *Biology and Philosophy* has accepted a target
article for open peer commentary: Eugene Koonin, "CRISPR: A New
Principle of Genome Engineering Linked to Conceptual Shifts in
Evolutionary Biology." They are now accepting short commentary
proposals from philosophers or scientists. Submissions must be sent by
email (with Subject: [BIPH Koonin Commentary Proposal]) to:
[log in to unmask] Deadline: 25 May 2018.
Target Article (PDF): https://bit.ly/2KzF7HQ

Conference: "Science of Early Life," McMaster University, Hamilton,
Ontario, Canada, 24-27 June 2018. Abstracts for posters can still be
submitted. Registration deadline: 6 June 2018.
https://bit.ly/2wRuEW4

Job: The University Scholars Programme at the National University of
Singapore plans to hire to fill multiple full-time and renewable
lecturer positions. Candidates with a PhD in any field are eligible,
and they would particularly welcome applications from candidates with
backgrounds in history of science, STEM, sociology, anthropology,
politics, cultural and technology studies, as well as scholars of
performance studies or the visual arts. Deadline: 15 July 2018.
https://nus.edu/2wOTW7h

Encyclopedia Entry: There is an updated entry on Gregor Mendel (by
Donald Forsdyke) in the *Encyclopedia of the Life Sciences*.
https://bit.ly/2InX4MA

**************************** End of announcements **************************

DIRECTIONS FOR SUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
       SUBSCRIBE ISHPSB-L Yourfirstname Yourlastname
 For example, if your name were Gregor Mendel:
       SUBSCRIBE ISHPSB-L Gregor Mendel

DIRECTIONS FOR UNSUBSCRIBING
 Send an email message to:
 with the following in the body of the message:
      SIGNOFF ISHPSB-L

Trevor Pearce
Listserv Moderator, International Society for History, Philosophy, and
Social Studies of Biology

http://www.ishpssb.org/

Listserv archives: http://lists.umn.edu/archives/ishpsb-l.html

Email: [log in to unmask]