My thoughts too. I checked and they are. Maybe I got a super thin window!

Ken

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018, 14:20 Ron Rasch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Yes, sounds big to me too. Are the slits in the same position ?

Ron
Uni of QLD

On 15/06/2018, at 6:27 AM, "Ken Severin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi all - we just changed the detector window on one of our argon detectors and are seeing somewhere around 20-25% more counts using the new window.  This seems like a huge increase.  While I would expect some change, I would expect the change to be in the range of a couple percent.  Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

Ken Severin
U Alaska Fairbanks
JXA-8530F
**** JEOL Probe Users Listserver

Moderator: Anette von der Handt, [log in to unmask], Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota