Hi all

I am running carbonates and having issues wrapping my head around the JEOL software.

I have set up the analyses as oxides, with CO2 added. In the element condition option under CAL I have the option to define how many CO2 are added for a group of specified elements and I have set up so (as I understand things) it should add 1 CO2 for 1 Ca, 1 Mg and 1 Fe. However, the software only adds CO2 for the first element on the list –  So I can run a calcite and it works perfectly, but if I run a dolomite it adds CO2 for Ca but not Mg.

Is this a software is or am I just doing something dumb!

Cheers

Tod

PS I am running a JEOL8200, with software from 2011 (VO1.55)

**** JEOL Probe Users Listserver

Moderator: Anette von der Handt, [log in to unmask], Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota