QMA 2019 focuses on quantitative microanalysis using electron-probe microanalysis and scanning electron microscopy, with an educational focus on microanalysis. QMA 2019 will be held June 24-27, 2019 at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA. The
conference will be a plenary meeting with user meetings on Monday June 24, followed by three days of technical talks, and will include tutorials on microanalysis by EPMA-WDS and SEM-EDS, invited talks by leaders in the field of microanalysis, group discussion,
laboratory remote demonstrations, poster sessions, and group meals.
Early Career Scholars will receive a maximum of $750 in reimbursement for travel, lodging, and registration for QMA 2019.
No abstract or presentation is required. Funds are available on a first come, first serve basis. Priority is given to students
who have a letter of support from their advisor or employer.
The details of the ECS support program are as follows:
- Eligible ECS include undergraduate, graduate, post-doctoral, and early career professional scientists who are within two years of their last degree.
- The ECS support program is for USA citizens at domestic institutions. Foreign nationals at domestic institutions may be supported subject to additional requirements.
- ECS candidates should be identified and proposed to us by their sponsor. An email letter of support is required which includes confirmation that the ECS candidate is a student. We will give priority to those candidates having co-sponsorship financial support
from their advisor or sponsoring agency.
- Consideration for those without sponsorship and who have a financial need will be made based on available funding.
- ECS awardees will receive a maximum of $750 in reimbursement for expenses which may include travel, lodging, and registration for QMA 2019. Receipts must be submitted at QMA 2019 for reimbursement after the conference.
- The QMA 2019 registration for ECS is $100 and will be paid by the ECS attendee.
ECS awardees will stay at the University of Minnesota campus dormitory.
Our young scientist community is very important, and we want to enable ECS candidates to attend QMA 2019. Please contact Heather Lowers ([log in to unmask]
) or Paul Carpenter ([log in to unmask]
for additional information.
Full details on the QMA 2019 TC can be found on the MAS website:
QMA 2019 web page: https://the-mas.org/events/topical-conferences/qma-2019/
The QMA 2019 Organizing Committee