Could a 10-week course radically change your worldview and make you a happier person? If today’s world seems sadder, that’s because it might be. America has seen decreasing happiness levels for nearly two decades. Lawyers, in particular, struggle with higher rates of mental health issues and substance abuse than other educated professionals. It doesn't have to be that way.

In the Spring of this year, WBI will be running a pilot version of Yale’s Happiness Class called the Happiness Project. It will be taught through video modules with Professor Laurie Santos of Yale. Over ten weeks, we will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase our happiness and build more productive habits. We will explore misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change.

Yale offers the Happiness Class as an accredited course for their students. Through this pilot run, we hope to explore the best way to bring research backed strategies for happiness to Minnesota Law. We’re looking for around ten or so students to join us for the Happiness Project. Please respond directly to this email if you’re interested in receiving more info on the pilot and how to get started.

Thanks all!

To unsubscribe from the WBI-NEWSLETTER list, click the following link:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=WBI-NEWSLETTER&A=1