Hi,

I’ve been working on an old JEOL JXA 8600 with the normal “small size” x-tals i.e. TAP. I know that large crystals are i.e. TAPL (normal spectrometer 140mm) and high intensity crystals are TAPH for the H-Type spectrometer with a smaller Rowland circle (100mm).

But what are i.e. TAPJ x-tals? What does the “J” stands for? I’ve noticed that they are usually mounted with a gas-flow proportional counter.

I just started recently at my new work place and we’ll have a configuration with TAPJ and PETJ crystals on our new FE-EPMA from JEOL.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Radoslaw Michallik

Researcher

Circular Economy Solutions

Geological Survey of Finland GTK

Vuorimiehentie 2K, FI-02151 Espoo, Finland

Tel. +358 29 503 0345, +358 50 340 9701

www.gtk.fi I @GTK.fi

The Geological Survey of Finland provides solutions for more sustainable growth.

For Earth and for Us.

42013601469558

**** JEOL Probe Users Listserver

Moderator: Anette von der Handt, [log in to unmask], Electron Microprobe Lab, University of Minnesota