Hello All,

Yes, John has been an amazing hero to the USA (and international) probe community for originally hosting this site.
Thank you John for your countless hours of service to our community.

As a bit of history and in response to Allan's suggestion, the SX users group was created more than 35 year when we could not get
honest answers from Cameca USA about our machine problems. This users' forum hatched at the University of Hawaii but we lacked the ability to host it.
John stepped up to probe this service. My point is this forum was created to address Cameca issues. Yes, there certainly has been issues raised like lab rates that are not specific to Cameca probes but many of the issues are specific (e.g., PHA detector or spectrometers).

We have a JEOL probe in Hawaii now and have a new rash of problems that we get help from the JEOL users networks. Thanks to Annette for hosting this forum. Yes, we get similar messages sometimes on both forums, but I would agree we need both networks.

I am sure we (the probe users network) have caused John to lose many hours of more productive time in helping us with our problems. He is now retired and I wish him well in finding new avenues to be fulfilled.

Aloha to all, Mike Garcia
Retired