Hello WBI! Please see below for an MJF event that will be held virtually tomorrow, November 18 at 4pm.

If you are looking for events to fulfill your milestone program this year, this looks to be a great option!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kendall Hames <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 10:04 AM
Subject: upcoming MJF event
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Hello Well-Being Initiative,

I wanted to share some information with you about MJF's upcoming event tomorrow about secondary trauma and the legal profession in case it is of interest to you or any other students you know!

Vicarious Trauma and the Legal Profession
Sign up:
Are you interested in learning about the impacts of vicarious and secondary trauma on attorneys and their practice of law? Join MJF for a facilitated discussion session by the professionals at Creative Kuponya that will address the intersectionality between client and personal trauma: how to practice self-care while advocating for others. The legal profession has some of the highest rates of mental health challenges, and challenges are increased for BIPOC individuals and marginalized groups. In this one-hour small group conversation, you will have the opportunity to hear from two therapists on how to process your pain, metabolize your trauma, recognize a client's trauma, and understand secondary trauma. You will also learn about how to build and maintain your mental health so that you can be both effective and efficient in your profession and pass resilience on to your client.

If you are interested in participating in this small group discussion session, please join us on Wednesday, November 18th at 4 PM (CST) for our first virtual session. Space is limited to ensure that the attendees can actively participate in the discussion. To read more about the work of Creative Kuponya in our community, especially since the murder of George Floyd, read this article from the Star Tribune: https://www.startribune.com/married-couple-of-out-of-the-box-therapists-bring-communal-healing-to-south-minneapolis/571442172/.

Feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions!
Thanks,
Kendall Hames
Minnesota Justice Foundation Staff Attorney
University of Minnesota Law School
612-625-4854
I currently am working remotely and I will have limited phone availability. Please email me to arrange phone communication if necessary.

To unsubscribe from the WBI-NEWSLETTER list, click the following link:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=WBI-NEWSLETTER&A=1