Hey birders,

Here are the highlights from the Mankato CBC that took place today:

Carolina Wren—The two birds that have been near the trestle at Rasmussen Woods in Mankato were both found today. Another individual that has been seen in town south of the Bethany Lutheran College campus could not be relocated and neither could an individual that has been coming to a feeder along the Judson Bottom Road in Nicollet County (no details on this location—I just found out about it).

Waterfowl: Northern Pintail, Common Goldeneye, Common Merganser, and a surprise 15 Ruddy Ducks!

White-throated Sparrow (1) was less common than Harris’s Sparrow (2) and we had just as many Field Sparrows (1) this year!

Winter finches were scarce with only a handful of Pine Siskins reported.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins

Mankato

During the pandemic, the MOU encourages you to stay safe, practice social distancing, and continue to bird responsibly.