WBI Weekly Digest

It’s gonna be….MAY!

Only a few more days left for exams before the ever-stressful petition period starts; don’t worry though, NSYNC and WBI are here for you ❤️

The main goal of this newsletter is talking about mental health awareness month, getting student feedback on what you want to see over the summer and what WBI can do to support more students in the fall!

Notes from Members

If you’re feeling like you should petition just because everyone else is, don’t fall for that trap! I didn’t petition because I knew I didn’t want to do any journals (bluebooking? ew!), and instead I spent the year doing National Moot Court. I feel like I got way more out of the NMC experience than I would have if I’d forced myself to try and make law review just because it’s something that a lot of people say you ‘should’ do.

If you feel exhausted, burned out, upset, or feel nothing at all, you aren’t the only one. As a group we haven’t really figured out how to help with this besides provide all the resources we can, but sometimes resources are just something else you have to figure out and it’s exhausting. We get it.

So, what we can really offer is our own support and reassure you that we mean it when we say you can reach out to us. If you need a study buddy, someone to take a walk with, or even just to have someone agree that this is really hard, you can shoot me an email! I’ll answer and we can go for a walk, get coffee. zoom, or whatever I can do to help :) The rest of my finals are self scheduled, so I’m pretty flexible time wise, just message me at [log in to unmask]

Sara Witty

Mental Health Awareness Month

May is partially dedicated to mental health awareness, and we want to make sure that you’re aware of that. More importantly, we want to make sure that you know how to get help if you need or want it, how to let others know you’re there for them, and how to talk about hard things like suicide. Mental health matters, especially during finals, especially during a pandemic, especially if you feel alone, so remember to reach out to your support system and take care of yourself ❤️

Summer Plans

As people get vaccinated, more and more things are happening - which is super exciting! WBI will be keeping the website updated with events we’ve heard of that are coming up and will start featuring upcoming events in the newsletter! So, if you have anything you think should be highlighted, please let us know!

Fall Plans

We’re still figuring out what WBI will look like in the Fall, but we have a lot of big ideas! Right now we’re focusing on revamping the email list (is anyone getting these? hello?) and hearing from students about how we can help them. If you have any ideas or thoughts, please let us know! We have an anonymous suggestion form on the website and our contact information is at the bottom of every newsletter - please reach out!

Song of the Week
It’s Gonna be Me by NSYNC

Resources

WBI has created a Resources Page on our website where law students can always go to find support.

This week, we want to again emphasize the ways that we can support India as they deal with a surge of Covid cases. Here is a link to resources of ways that we can all help, feel free to share and please look and see if there’s anything you can do.

UMN Law Well-Being Initiative

READ MORE ON OUR WEBSITE

Current Contacts
Annika Cushnyr - [log in to unmask]

Emily Moss - [log in to unmask]
Sarani Rangarajan -  [log in to unmask]
Sara Witty - [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the WBI-NEWSLETTER list, click the following link:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=WBI-NEWSLETTER&A=1