Dear ISH Colleagues,
   Sorry for the delay in sending out my first message to you. I plan to
send these each two weeks, unless you have more immediate needs. I want to
thank Trevor Pearce, our long-serving moderator, for his help in getting
set-up and general guidance.

   Please see below for information about new opportunities and
publications:

*Post Docs:*

The Institute of Philosophy I, Ruhr University Bochum, seeks applications
for one Post-Doc position (for 2 years) as part of the DFG-research group
ROTO “The Return of the Organism in the Biosciences" (PI Jan Baedke).
Deadline: 24th Sept. 2021.
More info on this call: https://bit.ly/38bbfPN

*Publication Opportunities:*

Call for Papers: Topical Collection on "Postgenomic Determinisms:
Environmental Narratives After the Century of the Gene" in History and
Philosophy of the Life Sciences. Deadline for submission of abstracts: 30th
Sept. 2021. https://cutt.ly/FQZ8NI6

*For your Reading List:*

September 125th: Michael Ruse invites you to attend a Book Launch for "The
Cambridge History of Atheism" -
https://atheismsecularismhumanism.files.wordpress.com/2021/07/poster-book-launch-september-21.jpg

[image: image.png]

All the best, Lloyd

Lloyd Ackert, Ph.D.
Teaching Professor
Department of History

Research Associate
Patrick Center for Environmental Research
Academy of Natural Sciences

Drexel University
Office: 5011 MacAlister Hall
3250-60 Chestnut Street