WBI Weekly Digest

I am writing to you from inside a whale

I mean, metaphorically. I’m actually talking about the school, so...

This newsletter discusses the upcoming, second-round of mentorship
pairings, some new resources, and where you can find WBI this year!

3LOL hits hard, yeah? I don’t want to be in class! I want to do things!
(coughgetpaidcough)

On the other hand, it is really nice to see everyone again! It’s kind of
crazy, I still remember the first day of classes and the times my friends
and I were wondering what law school would be like. Positively, law school
wasn’t nearly as terrible as the people on Reddit led me to believe that it
would be.

Also, 1Ls and 2Ls, please know that there were definitely times that I
thought I was going to fail/got upset with a grade/considered dropping out
to raise chickens, but I still made it! Genuinely, if I can do it, so can
you! It might suck sometimes, but that’s what we (WBI) are here for :)

If anyone needs anything, my contact info is [log in to unmask] and
256.508.4874. I’m happy to help however I can, whether that’s helping make
plans, studying with you, or listening to you vent about whatever’s going
on.

Okey dokey artichokes, I’ll catch ya later!

Sara Witty

Mentorship Pairings - Part Two!

We’ve had a TON of mentorship interest from students who missed the first
round of matching, so we’re doing it again! The sign up link is here
<https://forms.gle/f1VBe4bmTCV1pjQb6> and the deadline to join is September
20, 2021.
New Resources

WBI has worked hard to create a strong set of resources for students - and
we’re still adding more! They can generally be found here
<https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/wbi/resources?authuser=0>.
Specifically, outlines
can be found here
<https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/wbi/resources/academic-resources/outlines?authuser=0>,
mental health resources can be found here
<https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/wbi/resources/personal-resources/mental-health-resources?authuser=0>,
and Covid resources here
<https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/wbi/resources/covid-resources?authuser=0>.
Where to find WBI

WBI is hoping to do a few things this semester. To stay updated you can
find information in these newsletters (I’m working on getting a sign up
link, but until then feel free to forward these to those who aren’t getting
them, they can email us and we will add them to the list!), check out our
website <https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/wbi/home>, or get in touch with
us by emailing [log in to unmask] :)

Song of the Week

Go Big or Go Home - American Authors
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUZoK20_KYQ>

Advice Column

Any questions, concerns, or topics that you’d like some advice on, feel
free to submit them here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1anKIk6flI3DTzW_m6yEKOXMoQmoZc57SVj7g4Ux6qqY/edit?usp=sharing>!
You’ll get real advice, and maybe some memes for your situation.
Resources

WBI has created a Resources Page on our website
<https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/wbi/resources> where law students can
always go to find support.

Additionally, we have added an Academic Resources Page
<https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/wbi/resources/academic-resources?authuser=0>
which includes a new outline bank (thanks JLST!).

UMN Law Well-Being Initiative

READ MORE ON OUR WEBSITE  <https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/wbi/home>

<https://www.facebook.com/umnWBI/?ref=page_internal>
<https://www.instagram.com/petsofmondale/>