Well-Being Wednesday

01/26/2022

I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 2022

We know this is a week late, but don’t worry we extended the deadline.

New Semester, New Opportunities

Welcome back Golden Gophers! A new semester is upon us! With a new start brings a great opportunity to start on the right foot. Some of the best ways we can do that is form better habits that progress our health and performance. Here are some tips and tricks to form better habits and make you feel [20]22

Personal

NAMI Connection Support Group

The NAMI Connection group offers peer-led support for law students living with mental health disorders who attend the University of Minnesota Law School.

NAMI Connection is a recovery support group for adults with a mental illness regardless of their diagnosis. This group is offered free of charge and is led by trained individuals who are also in recovery – people who understand the challenges folks with mental illness face.

This is a hybrid model. You can join in-person or via Zoom.

There is a 20 person limit. We still have plenty of room!

No need to register – simply show up!

Who: UMN law students living with mental illness

What: Peer-led support group!

When: 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month; 5-6:30pm

(The next date will be February 2nd)

Where: Mondale Hall Room 475

This group is completely confidential. It is not therapy.

Advice Column

Any questions, concerns, or topics that you’d like some advice on, feel free to submit them here! You’ll get real advice, and maybe some memes for your situation.

Resources

Community Spaces - NEW!

Community Spaces is a new initiative at the law school! It is for anyone who is interested in getting together with other Minnesota Law students and building community.

Third Thursday of the Month from 12:15-1:15pm in Room 3

AND

Third Friday of the Month from 12:15-1:15pm Virtually (https://z.umn.edu/communityspaces

Dates: Jan 20th & 21st; Feb 17th & 18th; March 17th & 18th; April 21st & 22nd

WBI has created a Resources Page on our website where law students can always go to find support.

UMN Law Well-Being Initiative

READ MORE ON OUR WEBSITE

Current Contacts
Annika Cushnyr - [log in to unmask]
Emily Moss - [log in to unmask]
Sarani Millican -  [log in to unmask]

Alex Jones - [log in to unmask]

Ali Casey - [log in to unmask]

Luke Srodulski -  [log in to unmask]

Resources Used for This Newsletter

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/18/well/mind/how-to-build-healthy-habits.html?smid=url-share

To unsubscribe from the WBI-NEWSLETTER list, click the following link:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=WBI-NEWSLETTER&A=1