Well-Being Wednesday

01/26/2022

I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling 2022

We know this is a week late, but don’t worry we extended the deadline.
New Semester, New Opportunities

Welcome back Golden Gophers! A new semester is upon us! With a new start
brings a great opportunity to start on the right foot. Some of the best
ways we can do that is form better habits that progress our health and
performance. Here are some tips and tricks to form better habits and make
you feel [20]22

   -

   Stack Habits. An easy way to create new habits is to build on existing
   ones. Need to floss more? Make sure you do it before you hop in the shower.
   Make coffee every morning? Write down what to accomplish today or do a
   quick meditation.
   -

   Start Small. Formation of habits requires motivation. Deciding to go to
   the gym for an hour everyday can burn you out. Start smaller and build your
   tolerance and stamina for any new habit.
   -

   Be Consistent. The median range for a new habit to be formed is 66 days.
   That means it takes a long time before they are actually formed, but
   repetition is the key to accelerating the process.
   -

   Make it Easy. Set yourself up for success. Pack the gym bag the night
   before. Prep a large amount of healthy food so you don’t have to cook later.
   -

   Reward Yourself. ‘All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.’ Building
   habits takes effort. You should reward yourself for trying to improve
   yourself!

Personal

NAMI Connection Support Group

The NAMI Connection group offers peer-led support for law students living
with mental health disorders who attend the University of Minnesota Law
School.

NAMI Connection is a recovery support group for adults with a mental
illness regardless of their diagnosis. This group is offered free of charge
and is led by trained individuals who are also in recovery – people who
understand the challenges folks with mental illness face.

This is a hybrid model. You can join in-person or via Zoom.

There is a 20 person limit. We still have plenty of room!

No need to register – simply show up!

Who: UMN law students living with mental illness

What: Peer-led support group!

When: 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month; 5-6:30pm

(The next date will be February 2nd)

Where: Mondale Hall Room 475

This group is completely confidential. It is not therapy.

Advice Column

Any questions, concerns, or topics that you’d like some advice on, feel
free to submit them here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1anKIk6flI3DTzW_m6yEKOXMoQmoZc57SVj7g4Ux6qqY/edit?usp=sharing>!
You’ll get real advice, and maybe some memes for your situation.
Resources

Community Spaces - NEW!

Community Spaces is a new initiative at the law school! It is for anyone
who is interested in getting together with other Minnesota Law students and
building community.

Third Thursday of the Month from 12:15-1:15pm in Room 3

AND

Third Friday of the Month from 12:15-1:15pm Virtually (
https://z.umn.edu/communityspaces)

Dates: Jan 20th & 21st; Feb 17th & 18th; March 17th & 18th; April 21st &
22nd

WBI has created a Resources Page on our website
<https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/wbi/resources> where law students can
always go to find support.

UMN Law Well-Being Initiative

READ MORE ON OUR WEBSITE  <https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/wbi/home>