Dear WBI Members,

In light of the death of Amir Locke on Wednesday, we wanted to share support and resources with you all. While we grapple with fear, rage, sadness, and other emotions elicited by his death, the Well-Being Initiative supports the efforts of the Black Law Students Association (BLSA) calling for meaningful action. Please read and consider signing this letter, written by our colleagues in BLSA. We recognize the utter devastation, exhaustion, and enormous impact that continuous, systemic racism and discrimination have on well-being and mental health.1 Please consider using the resources below, reaching out to your friends and loved ones, and asking for help. We hear you, we see you, and we care.

Mental Health Coalition’s BIPOC Mental Health Resources

Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective

Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers

The Steve Fund Crisis Text Line

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

You do not need to be in a crisis to contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Trained crisis counselors are available 24/7 to support you no matter the reason.

Sand Creek 24/7 Phone Counseling

Sincerely,

WBI Braintrust

2019-09-21.png

To unsubscribe from the WBI-NEWSLETTER list, click the following link:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=WBI-NEWSLETTER&A=1