WBI Weekly Digest

We’re All in this Together!

Midterms, papers, projects, oh my! It all feels daunting. However, there are only 10 more days until Spring Break! We believe in you! And, never forget, we are all in this together!

Elections

Next week we will be starting our elections process. As a ‘Campus Life Program’, our elections are law school wide, meaning anyone (even nonmembers) can try to run for our general board. We have 4 board member positions open to a general election and 3 subcommittee elections which will be done internally by each subcommittee. Board members facilitate and organize programs, collaborate with administrative duties, and assist subcommittees in achieving their goal. Board members meet once a week during lunch at a “Braintrust Meeting”.

Our election process is as follows for board members

Nominating will be Feb. 28th-Mar. 4th. A google form will be sent out where you will provide a personal statement for the general election. Self-nominating is encouraged.

Election ballots will be sent out by email Mar. 14th and voting will be open from Mar. 14th- Mar 18th.

Remember anyone can run for general board positions! We encourage anyone to run! We also continue to encourage you to join a subcommittee that you feel passionate about.

Physical

We are once again planning to Ice Skate! This Saturday looks like a beautiful day to Skate. Please Reach out to join the group me for it!

SAVE THE DATE: We are in the works to plan an outdoor activity for the weekend of March 25th-27th! If you have any suggestions on free/cheaper activities feel free to reach out.

We have a basketball and running GroupMe for those who want to join! This is very informal way to get together and socialize while being active.

Contact Alex Jones for more information or deuggestions. [log in to unmask]

Personal

Heads up: NAMI Connection Group will be CANCELED next week (March 2nd). The program will resume on March 16th.

It is National Eating Disorder Awareness Week

If you or someone you know are struggling with disordered eating, help is available.

(Trigger warning: the following links contain discussion of eating disorders and treatment)

Academic

Consider taking this survey on University of Minnesota graduate faculty behavior. Please click the link to read more about it.

Provost’s Task Force for Faculty Behavior in Graduate Education

Song of the Week

We’re All In This Together - High School Musical Cast

Advice Column

Any questions, concerns, or topics that you’d like some advice on, feel free to submit them here! You’ll get real advice, and maybe some memes for your situation.

Resources

NAMI Connections Group for University of Minnesota Law Students

The NAMI Connection group offers peer-led support for law students living with mental health disorders who attend the University of Minnesota Law School.

NAMI Connection is a recovery support group for adults with a mental illness regardless of their diagnosis. This group is offered free of charge and is led by trained individuals who are also in recovery – people who understand the challenges folks with mental illness face.

This is a hybrid model. You can join in-person or via Zoom.

There is a 20 person limit. We still have plenty of room!

No need to register – simply show up!

Who: UMN law students living with mental illness

What: Peer-led support group!

When: 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month; 5-6:30pm

Where: Mondale Hall Room 475

This group is completely confidential. It is not therapy.

Click here to see other NAMI Connection Groups offered in Minnesota.

"Character and Fitness" Wellness Group

Let’s Talk

Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers

Boynton Mental Health

Looking for a Therapist?

Learn about the various types of mental health professionals and types of treatments available.

Psychology Today Find a Therapist Search Tool

Fast Tracker

Crisis Resources

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Sand Creek 24/7 Phone Counseling

Community Spaces - NEW!

Community Spaces is a new initiative at the law school! It is for anyone who is interested in getting together with other Minnesota Law students and building community.

Third Thursday of the Month from 12:15-1:15pm in Room 3

AND

Third Friday of the Month from 12:15-1:15pm Virtually (https://z.umn.edu/communityspaces

Dates: March 17th & 18th; April 21st & 22nd

WBI has created a Resources Page on our website where law students can always go to find support.

UMN Law Well-Being Initiative

READ MORE ON OUR WEBSITE

Current Contacts
Annika Cushnyr - [log in to unmask]
Emily Moss - [log in to unmask]
Sarani Millican -  [log in to unmask]

Alex Jones - [log in to unmask]

Ali Casey - [log in to unmask]

Luke Srodulski -  [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the WBI-NEWSLETTER list, click the following link:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=WBI-NEWSLETTER&A=1