WBI Weekly Digest

School Supplies - Donate Today!

Well-Being Wednesday

DONATE YOUR SCHOOL SUPPLIES

WBI is collecting unused/good condition school supplies! We are seeking school supplies for other UMN law students to use. If you are graduating and want to lighten your load, need to downsize for the summer, or simply have supplies you never use, please consider donating! Donations will be accepted in N20 – look for a bin labeled WBI. We will collect donations through the end of finals.

List of Accepted Donations

Physical

We have wrapped up for the semester with events. We want to encourage everyone to use the summer to promote their own personal health by getting outside and exploring the community and state they will be in.

Well-Being Opportunity

The  YMCA is holding a program that will teach you and help you achieve personal well-being. It is six sessions and there will be a full refund at the end. Click the link for details!

Personal

NAMI Connections Support Group for law students resumes TONIGHT, from 5-6:30pm in Mondale Hall, Room 475. Please see the ‘Resources’ section below for more details!

For continued peer support over the summer, consider attending other NAMI Minnesota support groups or LCL support groups

SAVE THE DATE

Wellness and Petitioning Meeting/Open Office Hours

May 11, 2:00 - 4:00 PM

The Petitioning Committee invites everyone to join them for a discussion of resources and self-care practices that they recommend you use while petitioning. Following the event, they would like to open the time for any last minute petition questions before the petition window begins.

Zoom Link/Room location TBD.

Academic

WBI Outline Bank

The WBI Outline Bank was generously created by fellow UMN law students.

It is open for everyone to use and contribute to. Make sure you access the link with your [log in to unmask] email!

If you have outlines you would like to contribute, please email them to WBI at [log in to unmask]

Yet Another Exam Tip

You’ve heard people telling you to eat well and get your sleep more times than you need, so here we are with another — hopefully new — tip for finals. Before your first exam, try writing down all your worries, whether law school-related or otherwise. If you tell yourself you’re going to eliminate them from your mind, it will help free you up to focus more clearly on the task at hand.

Advice Column

Any questions, concerns, or topics that you’d like some advice on, feel free to submit them here! You’ll get real advice, and maybe some memes for your situation.

Resources

NAMI Connections Group for University of Minnesota Law Students

The NAMI Connection group offers peer-led support for law students living with mental health disorders who attend the University of Minnesota Law School.

NAMI Connection is a recovery support group for adults with a mental illness regardless of their diagnosis. This group is offered free of charge and is led by trained individuals who are also in recovery – people who understand the challenges folks with mental illness face.

This is a hybrid model. You can join in-person or via Zoom.

There is a 20 person limit. We still have plenty of room!

No need to register – simply show up!

Who: UMN law students living with mental illness

What: Peer-led support group!

When: 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month; 5-6:30pm

Where: Mondale Hall Room 475

This group is completely confidential. It is not therapy.

Click here to see other NAMI Connection Groups offered in Minnesota.

"Character and Fitness" Wellness Group

Let’s Talk

Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers

Boynton Mental Health

Looking for a Therapist?

Learn about the various types of mental health professionals and types of treatments available.

Psychology Today Find a Therapist Search Tool

Fast Tracker

Crisis Resources

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Sand Creek 24/7 Phone Counseling

Community Spaces - NEW!

Community Spaces is a new initiative at the law school! It is for anyone who is interested in getting together with other Minnesota Law students and building community.

Third Thursday of the Month from 12:15-1:15pm in Room 3

AND

Third Friday of the Month from 12:15-1:15pm Virtually (https://z.umn.edu/communityspaces

Dates: April 21st & 22nd

NAMI Ramsey County Book Club – First Thursday of the Month

“Join us on the first Thursday of each month to discuss books with a mental illness theme. Learn through compassionate conversation. See which book we’re reading at namiramseycounty.org/bookclub.”

NAMI Educational Courses

NAMI offers numerous educational courses for a wide variety of audiences, all relating to mental health. Check out their current schedule to find a course that looks interesting to you! (Practically all the courses are free!)

WBI has created a Resources Page on our website where law students can always go to find support.

UMN Law Well-Being Initiative

Are your friends interested in receiving this newsletter? They can sign up here.

READ MORE ON OUR WEBSITE

Current Contacts

Alex Jones - [log in to unmask]

Ali Casey - [log in to unmask]

Luke Srodulski -  [log in to unmask]

Ray Mestad -  [log in to unmask]

Kayla Haeg -  [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the WBI-NEWSLETTER list, click the following link:
https://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=WBI-NEWSLETTER&A=1