Re: question from John N. Wright. It's not clear what you are trying to
quench but I assume it may be aldehyde reactivity with the antibodies. I
never have to do that with formaldehyde based fixation but with
glutaraldehyde based fixation I have been using 2mg/ml glycine as one
component in my blocking solution (which also includes BSA, normal serum
and usually a detergent all in PO4 buffer)

Larry Ackerman                                  [log in to unmask]
The Laboratories of Lily & Yuh Nung Jan         Voice (415) 476-8751
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
UCSF, Box 0724, Rm U426                         FAX (415) 476-5774
533 Parnassus Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94143