CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2001

From:
Priya Talreja <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:19:36 -0500
Hello,
I need to measure the depth of a lancet in human skin. I need to know if
the following approach is feasible:

The lancet can be coated with a fluorescent material (beads etc).
Cadaver skin can be mounted and stretched on a base to simulate in vivo
condition to give mechanical support.
The skin can be jabbed with the lancet several places and sectioned with a
cryotome.
The collapse of the skin can be viewed with the microscope as fluorescence
compared with the background and depth measurement can be dome with the
confocal or a regular fluorescence microscope.

Is there any other way or what modifications can be done to get optimum
results.

thanks a lot!