CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2011

Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 08:39:07 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Axel Kurt Preuss [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 07/08/2011 06:58 PM ZE8
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Olympus ZDC 2 vs. Nikon PFS

Dear Gareth
The Metamorph software AF is OK but not perfect crisp. It helps if you want to image thicker plastic plates. Leica continuous focus needs glass or  very thin plastic well bottoms.

Leica s continuous focus is much faster than Olympus. I haven't looked at Nikon s PFS but my users normally tend to switch it off.  Olympus AF needs also to be within a relatively narrow range

Hope that helps
Axel