CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 1994

From:
Linda Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 14:51:30 -0500
We are establishing a new Imaging/Confocal/EM/Histology central facility at
the National Institute of Dental Research, NIH.  Right now our committee is
trying to write a job description for someone to manage the facility.  We'd
like someone who can manage the facility, train others in required
techniques, and when necessary, pitch in and help with the work.  We also
would like that person to be able to help interpret results.  Knowledge of
confocal microscopy is desirable, but not necessary.  We are purchasing a
new Leica system, both upright and inverted.  Training on it will be
available from Leica, but we need someone with enough background to be able
to master the necessary skills.

Any thoughts on this?  We assume such people exist.  What kinds of salary
ranges are usually expected by such people?  Any ideas or advice would be
welcome.

Thanks