CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2005

From:
Barbara Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 11:44:19 -0500

Greg,

Only a guess, but one of the things that can be happening is that you are
getting some sort of delicate autofluorescence from the substrate (hence
the full field fluorescence at that particular plane) and that the cell
edge is acting like a lens to focus that illumination.  If there is an
aperture iris on the fluorescence illuminator, try adjusting it to see what
happens.

Let me know your results.

Barbara Foster
Microscopy/Microscopy Education
www.MicroscopyEducation.com

313 S Jupiter Rd, Suite 100
Allen, TX 75002
P: 972-954-8011
F: 972-954-8018
Need a good general text on light microscopy?  MME still has copies of
Optimizing Light Microscopy available, with discounts for class-sized
orders (10 or more).  For details, call us at 972-943-8011 and ask for Ken
Piel.