CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2012

From:
John Oreopoulos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 01:03:38 -0500

Tim, the ResCalc app assumes a Nyquist sampling rate of 2.3x.

As for whether or not one should choose their image pixel size using this sampling factor of 2.3 or something else for confocal or widefield, I would refer the interested reader to the epic discussion on this topic back from 2007 (so as not to have it repeated again!):

http://lists.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0701&L=CONFOCALMICROSCOPY&D=0&P=15141

John Oreopoulos