CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2006

From:
"Perry, Griffin M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:34:50 -0600

Jing,

The best way that we have found (using Version 3.0 Build 461) is to save
it as a .tiff.  Under .tiff, Save Options, Save as RGB Format.  Some
programs don't like the RAW Format.  I haven't saved and tested RAW
format with Adobe Photoshop, so it might be worth a try.  From here, you
label which colour for which channel (ours right now (488)Red 2,
(568)Green 1, (633)Blue 3, but you can change it to whatever you like).
Finish saving the .tiff.

In Adobe Photoshop, there should be three different colours in the
picture.  If you want to isolate the three different channels (colours)
from one another, there are many ways in Adobe Photoshop CS (8.0).

The way I isolate different channels is to make a copy of the original
image. With the copy selected, go to Image->Adjustment->Levels and pick
which channel you DON'T want (if you just want green select red).  On
the output, change them both to 0.  This will take out the red.  Next,
select blue and set output to 0.  In the copied image, you will only see
the green channel.

Hope this helps,