CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 1994

From:
Paul Stoodley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 1994 09:17:19 EDT
We have had a number of problems with our framestore borad on our Bio-Rad MRC
600; when using the "accumulate" filter we get a framestore error message
about 1 in 5 times. After getting this message we can no longer use the
accumulate feature unless we exit COMOS and and then re-enter the program. We
have tried 3 framestore boards and the problem has not been solved. According
to Bio-Rad the problem is an uncompatability with the framestore board and the
computer we are using (DEC Station 425C). Another "quirk" we get every so often
that may be related to the f-store board is that COMOS is not able to find the
focus (z - stepper) motor, this usually happens out of the blue during the
middle of a run. Bio-Rad has been very helpful with trying to sort the problem
out but it still remains, the prescription being the next time we purchase a
computer to get one which Bio-Rad has tested compatability. Any other ideas
out there ?