CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2001

From:
Susana Castel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:23:47 +0100
Robert

I use both colocalization softwares and both work well. Bitplane
software needs a Unix System and it's more complicate, but it brings you
more information. In fact, I believe that it's the only system able to
do colocalization analysis between 3 channels (I don't know exactly if
Leica has recently improve it). Leica software is more friendly and it
works well for usual applications, but if you want to use it in all its
applications you need Leica files (if you have a Leica system is ok.
Metamorph  system works very well for colocalization quantitization
(only for two channels) and, as the Bitplane software, you can use it
with all Tif files.
Good luck

Susanna Castel