CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2013

From:
Julio Vazquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2013 13:35:50 -0700

Zeiss uses the M27 thread in their new microscope stands. This is significantly larger than the old Zeiss mount, and a bit larger than Nikon. Zeiss makes adapters from the old to the new M27 mount, so it should be possible to get similar adapters from for Nikon objectives on the new Zeiss scopes. In fact, I think Zeiss even has adapters to mount the new larger objectives on the older scopes. However, all caveats mentioned by Chris remain valid. In particular, Nikon objectives are huge compared to Zeiss (Nikon 60x/1.4 Plan Apo is about 2 longer than the equivalent Zeiss.

Julio Vazquez
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Seattle, WA 98109

http://www.fhcrc.org/en.html