CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2007

From:
Sven Terclavers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 22:18:19 +0100

I agree with Martin, first inform well IF and WHICH protocol you need.
Stereology has many approaches (cavalieri, fractionator, dissector,.) for
man different situations.  However, indeed more and more journals will ask
for this kind of analysis when you're eg working with neurons or gliacells
or plaques etc.  However, if it's a Zeiss microscope you're using for the
analysis, you might consider the KS-software (in future most probably also
available for AxioVision).  We had this software especially written for this
purpose by them, since we do many more types of analysis with the
KS-software, however, since that time I know other abs also showed interest.
Prices did not range up to several 10k's, since a motorized stage and z-axis
was already built in on our microscope.  The one thing I believe you should
look at is that it's user-friendly, since everything else is based on the
same mathematical algorithms.

Best and good luck!

Sven Terclavers

  _____