CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2003

From:
Joel Sheffield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:13:49 -0500

Part of your problem may be that mitochondria contain a
carboxylase that uses biotin as a cofactor.  As a result, very
sensitive avidin conjugates detect the mitochondria without
additional biotin.  We showed that it was possible to take advantage
of this as a stain for mitochondria in developing retina.

Joel