CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2003

From:
Sebastian Frische <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 08:01:35 +0200

I have a very peculiar experience with an antibody against a membranebound
receptor. Using the microwave-citrate procedure on parafin embedded tissue
I get clear and specific labelling in the exact location, where it is known
to exist from functional studies. However on westerns it only recognizes
the immunizing peptide...and on cells transfected with the protein
(functional test show they express it) I get no labelling.

Regarding the westerns I have some ideas about why I can't see it, but the
cells really irritating.

The urea procedure sounds interesting, and I would like to try it to see if
I can get the antibody to work using this procedure. Could you give some
further details or references? Did he simply wash the cells once in 6M urea?

regards

Sebastian Frische
Dept og Anatomy, University of Aarhus, Denmark