CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 1997

From:
Alex Sossick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 11:19:24 +0100
Hi

        The 4D software seems quiet happy to me, we have been getting some
good use out of it!

        There are some other things I have noticed about LaserSharp, that in
1024*1024 display mode the Laser does not always turn on and off using the
space bar. This happens on both our confocals and as far as I can see in
all version of the software we have.

        Another useful thing would be in 3D mode to be able to if you had
a Z series of 50 slices and slice 3 12 and 33 are bad, to be able to delete
them. You can copy new apart of the Zseries but not bits of the stack
to make a new Z series.

        Will LaserSharp run on any PC using OS2? or are there things I
should know, ie to do with the monitor?

        Tony Edwards came last November for a couple of days and ran a
series of 2-3 hour run throughs on the confocal, for beginners. We discussed
the idea of sometime, getting someone to come over from Hemel and give
a talk on the image processing (3D) element of LaserSharp. Basically
for a few of use Tony just went through every menu in Acquisition saying
what every thing did! Probably some thing similar would be useful for
'processing'. Is there someone at Hemel who would be interested in
doing this?

Alex

        Alex Sossick
        Wellcome/CRC Institute          e-mail [log in to unmask]
        Tennis Court Rd.,               tel    (0)1223 334082
        Cambridge CB2 1QR               http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/~sossick/
        UK