CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2004

From:
Carol Heckman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:51:34 -0800

Scott-
Just on theoretical grounds, any of the scanning technologies would
be difficult to adapt to high-throughput.  For one thing, rastering
takes time.  Even with piezo technologies of moving the probe, a
finite and largish amount of time is required to make up the "scene"
for viewing.  Collecting the whole image simultaneously is a much
superior approach, if you want to view a lot of samples
fast.

Just a thought,
Carol

--