CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2003

From:
Joachim Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:39:33 +0100

Yes, actually I remember that a few years ago I bought two antibodies
labelled with Alexa 633 and Alexa 543 (I think it was Goat anti Rabbit)
and tested them. Both of them bleached just when you looked at them! The
service rep of Mol. Probes then told me at the phone that these dyes were
incompatible with VectaShield. Even mounting in PBS would be better. Just
too bad, if you use FITC or Cy-dyes for the same sample...
Does anyone happen to know, whether Alexa 610 or Alexa 635 are better in
this respect?

Joachim

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, hpadams wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> It maybe a mounting media compatibility issue. We recently found that
> phalloidin 543 when used with vectashield bleached rapidly. So we switched to
> phalloidin 594 and it worked great. We switched after talking to Molecular
> Probes who stated (according to the person who talked to them... so this is
> secondhand) that phalloidin 543 did not work with Vectashield. Has anyone
> notice this?
>
> Hank Adams
> Manager
> Microscopy Core
> Molecular Genetics
> UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
> Houston, Tx 77030
> 713 792-7899

  Joachim Walter
  Till I.D.
  Am Klopferspitz 19
  D-82152 München               Tel. +49 - 89-899232-20
  Germany                       Fax  +49 - 89-899232-10