CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 1997

From:
Michael Binks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:23:58 +0000

>> I want to scan a large area (spinal cord sections) and have the section
>> displayed as one image.  Using a lower power objective doesn't work all
>> that well but others have scanned multiple areas using a 10x objective
>> and then merged the individual images into one large one.  Can anyone
>> fill me in on what is required to do this (other than the electronic
>> stage).  In particular I'm interested in knowing what software is the
>> best to accomplish this task with.

You might have a look at:

Ott SR (1997) Acquisition of high-resolution digital images in video
microscopy: Automated image mosaicking on a desktop microcomputer. Microsc.
Res. Tech. 38:335-339

THe author wrote some sophisticated macros for NIH-Image which as far as I
know are still available on the NIH_Image ftp site. They worked well when I
tried them out. And they're free !

Michael Binks                                   E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Department of Immunology                        Tel:    071 636 8333 x3204
University College London                         Fax:    071 380 9357