CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 1995

From:
Michal Opas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 1995 20:53:49 -0500
After having many problems with propidium iodide staining (cytoplasmic
staining) we were advised to use cold methanol fixation which worked well.
However we could NOT use formaldehyde fix at all.  Now we know that RNAse
incubation prior to staining does the trick and allows for a decent PI
staining in formaldehyde-fixed cells.
Michal Opas
U Toronto