CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2007

From:
Eric Scarfone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:30:23 +0100

Dear all,
It would be really nice to have the whole inside story straightened up
someday!
A clear distinction should be made also between stage-scanning and
beam-scanning. In this respect which was the fisrt beam-scanner?

Concerning Sarastro, since I am now located in Sweden I contacted Kjell
Carlsson couldn't recall. Niels Alsund, then president of Sarastro, says
that the commercial company was founded in 1986 and sold its first set
up the same year here at the Karolinska Institutet. The prototype
however was running before that (probably at KTH where Kjell worked?)
but I got no dates on that!
Best Whishes to all.
Eric

Eric Scarfone, PhD, CNRS,
Center for Hearing and communication Research
Department of Clinical Neuroscience
Karolinska Institutet

Postal Address:
CFH, M1:02