CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2012

Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:46:07 +0000

If you count SHG in with multiphoton then it has a lot of application in food science since it reveals the crystalline state of starch.  One of our users is currently studying different wheat varieties.  Also useful for bread, pasta, etc!

Guy Cox, Nuno Moreno & José Feijó, 2005. Second harmonic imaging of plant polysaccharides.  Journal of Biomedical Optics 10, 024013_1-6

Guy Cox, 2011.  Biological applications of second harmonic imaging.  Biophysical Reviews 3, 131-141

						Guy

Optical Imaging Techniques in Cell Biology
by Guy Cox  2nd edition 2012  CRC Press
     http://www.guycox.com/optical.htm
Guy Cox, MA, DPhil(Oxon), Honorary Associate,
Australian Centre for Microscopy & Microanalysis,
Madsen Building F09, University of Sydney, NSW 2006

Phone +61 2 9351 3176     Fax +61 2 9351 7682
             Mobile 0413 281 861
      http://www.guycox.net