CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2005

From:
Andrew Resnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:21:29 -0500

Everyone,

Thanks for the responses, they've been very helpful and given me points to
consider and discuss with our group. I'm new to biology, and I'm surprised
at how much of cell culture is still a 'black art'.

My understanding, which is limited at best, is that CO2 perfusion is
required to maintain pH, nothing more.  We will perform temperature control
by heating the objective and media.

As for simply perfusing with HEPES/equilibrated media, that's a new one to
me and I need to speak with others regarding it's feasibility. It sure
sounds good, and I admit it's a lot simpler.

Andy